The long wait is over! Halloween is here! 👻🎃
Halloween is one of the most anticipated holidays during the year. It won’t be complete without some fun and exciting activities! Most of the time, Halloween activities are not only painful to set up, but it is even more painful to clean up. We’re going to give you some quick, easy ideas to decrease the messiness and increase the fun with Halloween activities! The fright should come from costumes and tricks, not from big messes!
- Dance party. This game is so simple yet so fun! Put on some funky Halloween music and dim the lights to feel the spooky vibe, and let the players dance until they drop! You can do this outside for more space, and don’t forget to wear awesome costumes! Add some glow sticks if you have some!
- Spider races. We hope you’re full of air when playing this game! Each player must have one of those small plastic spiders and a straw. They must line up and decide on a finish line. Each player will blow into their straw, pushing their spider racer across the floor!
- Pumpkin Balloon Darts. Fill some orange balloons with candy and other treats and blow them up! Pin them to a tree or even just in a piece of cardboard. Let the players take turns throwing darts at the balloons. They get to keep what they pop!
If you are planning to invite your friends or family over for a fun Halloween party, we’re pretty sure that you’re going to have to clean up after. The good news is that our team knows all about cleaning and we have some tips and tricks to help you get through the madness!
- Sticky substances. Candy is usually the star of the show during most Halloween get-togethers. Sticky and crushed candy can be very difficult to clean and it gets everywhere! Clean half-eaten and melted candies by mixing a teaspoon of detergent and a cup of warm water together and blot the stain with solution and cloth. If it doesn’t come off, mix one-third vinegar and two-thirds water together and blot at the area before scraping off any remains. For gums, you can use ice cubes so that the remnants can harden and then you can scrape it off.
- Stain removal. Do you ever notice that brightly colored liquid, like red wine, seems to find its way onto white or lightly colored fabric? Be prepared for the consequences if you made some festive punches on your party! Fresh stains are the easiest to remove, so we advise that you clean them immediately. Soak up as much of the liquid as possible with cloth or paper towels. Mix one cup of warm water and a teaspoon of detergent and blot the stain- not rub, with small amounts of your solution. Rinse the area with a solution of three teaspoon vinegar and one cup water once most of the stain is removed. If it is still persistent, try using rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide. Don’t forget to test it on a hidden part of the carpet because it could bleach the area!
- Get the whole family involved in the clean up! Making cleaning a team effort is one of the best ways to clean your house fast and efficiently. Schedule this task in advance and assign tasks to each member. Working hand in hand can add some fun to cleaning and your house will be sparkling clean in no time!
Celebrating Halloween is one of our favorites! We know messes are going to happen, so if things get too out of hand or you’re too tired to clean up, just send Cleaning Lady a message! We’ll be more than happy to help.